This article only applies to standalone accounts.
FutureFund uses Stripe to process credit card payments. Here is some information on Stripe:
Stripe now processes billions of dollars a year for thousands of businesses, from newly-launched start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. Since Stripe powers so many new businesses, it's a snapshot of how the internet is changing; many users are in categories that barely existed five years ago. Web and mobile businesses around the world using Stripe include Rackspace, Shopify, Reddit, Foursquare, DailyMotion, Lyft, and many more.
Stripe is 128 people and headquartered in an old trunk factory in the Mission district of San Francisco. The company has received $130 million in funding; investors include Sequoia Capital, Peter Thiel, and Elon Musk.
You can create your Stripe account for free at: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register
- Each organization should have a separate Stripe account (PTA, PPIE, ASB, etc) to prevent the commingling of funds.
- Each Stripe account owner will be asked for their SSN due to federal regulation. You can enter 000-00-0000 and will be asked to provide a government issued id, school badge is an acceptable form of ID for school account owners assuming they are school employees.
- When opening Stripe account, have the following info ready:
- EIN/Tax ID# for Business Entity
- Bank account info
- URL (https://www.futurefundapp.com)